The countdown is on – seven days until National Condom Day is here! Now is the time to make plans around how to celebrate, or activities to host, during the next week. Stuck for ideas? Keep reading!
- Create an interesting summer/sexual health themed display in your workplace, school or community i.e. window displays, posters on noticeboards or in toilets. Check out our website for heaps of great downloads.
- Create a condom tree or something else to grab people’s attention. The photo below is an entry for our #CondomDay2017 competition from @julesgalliers filling condom trees in her community! Go Jules!
- Organise a morning tea at your workplace or in your community to promote this years “Summer Essentials” theme. You could bake condom-shaped foods and use beach-style decorations, such as beach balls, buckets and spades and sunscreen.
- Ask people “What’s your summer essential?”, and get them to write their response on a cardboard speech bubble. Take a photo and tag it #CondomDay2017 on social media.
- Get people to take a selfie with their frisbee or condom pack and post it to social media using the hash tag #CondomDay2017. They could win condoms!
- Keep activities related to the summer theme i.e. who can throw a frisbee the furthest, make water balloons out of condoms, make necklace leis out of condoms, have a volleyball or ping pong competition etc.
- Include condom demonstrations or competitions such as ‘guess the number of condoms in the jar’, a lucky dip, or ‘steps for putting on a condom’.
- Hire or make a condom costume, or organise people to make something out of condoms; this could be anything from an item of clothing to a piece of furniture, let the imagination run wild! We’d love to see your creations!
- Make a piñata filled with condoms, lollies and safe sex facts, questions or quotes!
Still stuck for ideas? Head over to our website to read our event and activity guides with even more suggestions and inspiration about what you can do this National Condom Day!
Or can you add to our list? What new celebration or activity ideas do you have? Tag your social media posts with #CondomDay2017 so we can add to our ideas! Any posts with the hash-tag will enter our social media competition – so get celebrating and get tagging!