SHQ is committed to working closely with Aboriginal people, helping them to achieve good sexual health and wellbeing outcomes.
To support this work, we need to build capacity among our staff. We need people who can help shape SHQ’s direction when it comes to working in this important space, and who can consult with community about their important needs. We need guidance and input to ensure we are providing culturally safe services across our organisation.
We want to hear from committed, motivated and passionate people who might be interested in joining us on our journey.
One thing we are clear on is the need to engage Aboriginal sexual health educators to participate in the development and delivery of community education and professional training for Aboriginal people, and others working with Aboriginal young people.
You may already have some education skills, or you might need some training and support – we’ve got you covered.
You might already be working at a higher level, and be interested in more of a leadership/consultant role – we are interested in this too.
Some things we know we need help with:
- Promoting the sexual health and wellbeing of young Aboriginal people through:
- Participation in health promotion and community events
- Delivery of relationships and sexual health education sessions/programs
- Participation in the ongoing development of SHQ education programs
- Participation in the development of health promotion resources and social media promotions
- Development of innovative strategies to engage young Aboriginal people in sexual health promotion
- Promoting Aboriginal people’s access to SHQ and other sexual health services through:
- Outreach activities
- Community engagement and liaison
- Supporting community members to attend SHQ services
- Strengthening relationships and building opportunities for SHQ to collaborate with Aboriginal organisations
Does any of the above sound like you? Please send us a brief email (2-3 paragraphs) outlining your thoughts around why you want to work with us, and how you think you could best contribute. Feel free to attach a resume if you have one.
Please share this widely among your networks; we would like to hear from as many people as possible, with all different skill levels and from all different backgrounds.
Rebecca Smith, Executive Manager – Strategic Engagement and Communications
9227 6177 or [email protected]