EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
SHQ has an exciting opening for an Aboriginal person in our Aboriginal Education team! (opportunity extended)
Do you want to be part of helping diverse Aboriginal young people grow into strong, proud and respectful people?
Do you have an interest in relationship and sexual health education, and the courage to take on this challenge?
Perhaps you know our Mooditj program and want to be involved?
This just might be the position you’re looking for!
We offer you a great team, flexible working conditions, support from experienced Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal Educators, and a commitment to development of your skills.
The role can be flexible to make the best use of your skills and experience. Hours, scope and level negotiated. Training and support will be provided. Pay rates from approximately $60,000 to $80,000. This is a one year contract, with possibility of extension.
We are looking for someone with:
- tertiary qualifications in health, education, youth or community services or other relevant field (or equivalent skills and experience)
- ideally, skills and experience in education, health promotion or community development
- the desire to develop their skills as a relationships and sexual health educator
- an ability to communicate and work effectively cross culturally and with diverse people
Sound like you?
To express your interest, email Robyn Wansbrough on firstname.lastname@example.org, with brief answers (2-3 paragraphs total) to these questions:
- Why are you interested in this position?
- What strengths would you bring to the role?
There is no need to send your CV at this stage.
Expressions of interest close 5.00pm Friday 25 January 2019.
If you have any questions about the possibilities of this role, contact Robyn Wansbrough, Manager of Education and Training, on 9227 6177 on email@example.com.
For more information about the Mooditj program and SHQ’s work in relationship and sexual health education with Aboriginal peoples, contact Rose Murray, Mooditj Program Coordinator, on 9227 6177 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you.