18th - 19th Apr 2024
This course is 1.5 days: Thursday 18 April, 8.30 – 4.00pm and Friday 19 April, 8.30 – 1.00pm. Participants must attend both days.
This short course for doctors or later year medical students is designed to enhance participants’ skills and confidence in sexual health care and contraception. Those who will find it useful include:
- Prospective GP Registrars
- GP Registrars
- Doctors whose basic medical training did not include skill development in sexual health
- Medical students in the final two years of their course
The course does not include:
- Cervical Screening
- Managing gynaecological issues
- Breast problems
- IUD skills
- Managing menopause
Some of these topics may be offered as add on workshops if there is demand for them. Please let us know if you are interested in workshops on these topics.
Recognition / Accreditation:
This is an RACGP approved CPD activity under the RACGP CPD program.
The course consists of
- Online learning activities focusing on STIs and contraception, taking approximately 3 hours
- A 1.5 day workshop with an emphasis on skill development in taking sexual histories, clinical examination, managing STIs and providing contraception
SHQ Lecture Theatre
70 Roe St Northbridge WA
- 9227 6177
$825 inc. GST (Student discount also available, please see registration form)
Clinical Education Coordinator
- 6164 7972
- [email protected]
How to Register
Please click on the link below to register for April 2024.