9th May 20246:30 pm to 8:30 pm
This workshop is designed for GPs seeking support in navigating WA’s newly implemented abortion laws and aims to build confidence and skills in providing best practice medication abortion care under the new legislation.
Workshop topics include:
- Principles of providing non-directive unintended pregnancy counselling
- Main contraindications to medical abortion medications
- Key components of a medical abortion consultation
- Reducing the risk of complications for patients accessing medical abortion
- Overview of the new legal framework for abortion in WA
Participants will leave this workshop with an improved understanding of WA’s abortion laws and greater confidence to provide legal and safe medical abortion care.
Presenters: Dr Samantha Johnson SHQ Medical Director and Dr Nikki Filar
RACGP Activity No. is 763374
ACRRM accreditation application pending.
This presentation is face to face only, if you would like to be contacted if the workshop were to add the option of remote attendance, or if a recorded version was to became available please register your interest at [email protected]