CLICK TO REGISTER NOW
Mooditj Leader Training is a 4 day hands on course that builds your knowledge, skills and confidence to run the Mooditj program for groups of young people in your community. SHQ Aboriginal Educators provide follow up support. See below for more information about the Mooditj program.
Who Would Benefit From This Course?
Mooditj Leader Training is designed for Aboriginal community members or people who work with Aboriginal young people in their community. Non-Aboriginal people are expected to partner with an Aboriginal person to run Mooditj. Training together is recommended.
Course Date: 5 to 8 June 2018
9am – 4pm Tues – Thurs
9am – 2pm Friday
Course Fee: $595.00 GST Free. See below for possible discounts.
Mooditj manual and Mooditj T shirt included in the cost plus morning and afternoon tea. Lunch is not included.
To apply for a discount, you need:
- Support from your organisation to run a Mooditj program – at least 5 sessions
- At least one other trained Mooditj leader. One leader needs to be Aboriginal.
- The discount application form, which can be downloaded here.
Apply now for:
- Reduced fee of $200 for Aboriginal community organisations
- Reduced fee of $350 for non-Aboriginal organisation working in partnership with an Aboriginal community organisation, or with a letter of support from a local Aboriginal community organisation.
Contact Katrina Duncan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 9227 6177 for more information.
If it is vital to your role and community that you run Mooditj young people’s groups, and you still need assistance with fees, please contact Katrina Duncan at email@example.com.
More information about the Mooditj program for young people
Mooditj is a fun, interactive education program for Aboriginal young people aged 10-14 years. It helps build strong young Aboriginal people who can make positive and informed choices about their relationships and sexual health. It was developed in consultation with Aboriginal people from across WA.
Young people learn about:
- Identity – growing a strong sense of themselves
- Respectful relationships
- Understanding feelings
- Speaking up
- Goals and staying on track
- What becoming a young parent might mean to both families
- Making decisions about sex, consent and their rights
- Contraception and STI prevention
- Bringing it all together
The full program is 10 sessions of 1 hour each. The program can be run in many ways – e.g. 1 or 2 sessions a week, or over a few days in a holiday program or camp. The first 5 (or 6) sessions can also be run as a short program.
For more information about Mooditj, contact Rose Murray at firstname.lastname@example.org or 9227 6177.