CLICK TO REGISTER NOW
STARS is a new course to help build knowledge, skills and confidence to Start Talking About Relationships and Sexual health with young Aboriginal people.
Who Would Benefit From This Course?
- Do you think it’s important for young people to have good information around their relationships and sexual health?
- Does your role give you the chance to yarn with young people?
- Do you need more knowledge and confidence to have these conversations?
- Do you want some ideas to deal with some of the things that get in the way – like shame or worries about what other adults will say?
STARS might be the course for you!
STARS is a two day introductory course for Aboriginal community members and others working with young Aboriginal people. It is suitable a wide range of workers and volunteers, such as health / SEWB / education / youth / family support workers, liaison officers, night patrol staff, etc.
The course is fun, we learn though group activities, and do our best to make it culturally safe. Course leaders include Aboriginal Educators.
- Bodies and puberty
- LGBTI young people and diversity
- Starting the conversations
- Supporting young people
- Contraception, pregnancy and STIs
- Consent, pleasure and effects of porn
- Respectful relationships, sexting
- Knowing our limits and when to refer
April 29 – April 30 2020
November 4 – November 5 2020
9.00am – 4.30pm daily
70 Roe St, Northbridge, WA
$200.00 (GST free)
Contact Robyn Wansbrough to discuss fees if needed.
To register please download and complete the registration form at the bottom of this page.
Send registration forms to:
Kat Duncan, Library and Information Coordinator | email@example.com | 9227 6871 (fax)
For course and fee enquiries contact:
Robyn Wansbrough, Manager Education and Training | firstname.lastname@example.org | 9227 6177