CLICK TO REGISTER NOW
Registrations are closed, please email the course organiser if you would like to be put on the wait list.
STARS is a new course to help build knowledge, skills and confidence to Start Talking About Relationships and Sexual health with young Aboriginal people.
Who Would Benefit From This Course?
- Do you think it’s important for young people to have good information around their relationships and sexual health?
- Does your role give you the chance to yarn with young people?
- Do you need more knowledge and confidence to have these conversations?
- Do you want some ideas to deal with some of the things that get in the way – like shame or worries about what other adults will say?
STARS might be the course for you!
STARS is a two day introductory course for Aboriginal community members and others working with young Aboriginal people. It is suitable a wide range of workers and volunteers, such as health / SEWB / education / youth / family support workers, liaison officers, night patrol staff, etc.
The course is fun, we learn though group activities, and do our best to make it culturally safe. Course leaders include Aboriginal Educators.
- Bodies and puberty
- LGBTI young people and diversity
- Starting the conversations
- Supporting young people
- Contraception, pregnancy and STIs
- Consent, pleasure and effects of porn
- Respectful relationships, sexting
- Knowing our limits and when to refer
Tuesday 5 & Wednesday 6 November 2019
9.00am – 4.30pm daily
70 Roe St, Northbridge, WA
$200.00 (GST free)
Discounts available for three or more people from one organisation, please email us to enquire.
To register please download and complete the registration form at the bottom of this page.
For course enquiries or contact:
Kat Duncan, Library and Information Coordinator, SHQ | email@example.com | 9227 6177