4th - 5th Nov 20209:00 am to 4:30 pm
21st - 22nd Apr 20219:00 am to 4:30 pm
22nd - 23rd Sep 20219:00 am to 4:30 pm
STARS is a new two day introductory course to help build knowledge and confidence to Start Talking About Relationships and Sexual health with young Aboriginal people.
The course is fun. We learn though group activities. Sharing a laugh helps people be more comfortable. Course leaders include Aboriginal Educators and we do our best to make it culturally safe.
Participants should walk away with the skills to:
- Help young people feel safe to talk about relationships and sexual health
- Support and include LGBT+ young people
- Provide information about bodies, puberty, contraception, pregnancy and STIs
- Talk about healthy relationships, consent, pleasure, sexting and porn
- Help or refer young people with sexual health concerns
Who would benefit from this course?
STARS is designed for Aboriginal community members and others working with young Aboriginal people.
It is suitable for a wide range of workers and volunteers, such as health workers, health promotion officers, SEWB workers, youth workers, juvenile justice workers, education workers, AOD workers, family support workers, liaison officers, night patrol staff, and many more.
- 70 Roe Street, Northbridge WA 6003
- 08 9227 6177
SHQ Education and Training
- 08 9227 6177
- [email protected]
Please email the organiser above to register your interest for the 2021 dates.
How to Register
Download the registration form using the link below to register for the November 2020 course.Download Registration PDF