SHQ provides professional development for medical practitioners and other health professionals who wish to update their skills and knowledge in the area of sexual and reproductive health.
SHQ runs several highly regarded and popular courses for nurses and other health professionals wishing to develop their skills in sexual and reproductive health.
Expressions of interest wanted – bringing sexual health training to your community
SHQ can offer the following theoretical education and training for nurses;
- The Bare Essentials (Module 1 of the Certificate in Sexual and Reproductive Health) – a 2-day face to face workshop available for all nurses, including enrolled nurses and school health nurses.
- STI Clinical Management (Module 3 of the Certificate in Sexual and Reproductive Health) – online learning and a half-day practical workshop.
- Cervical Screening Theory (Module 2 of the Certificate in Sexual and Reproductive Health) – 3.5 days face to face
- Contraception and Communication (Module 6 and 7 of the Certificate in Sexual and Reproductive Health) – a 1-day face to face workshop.
For Nurses to achieve a Certificate in Sexual and Reproductive Health they need to compliment education with clinical practice. If you would like to consider this further, please email email@example.com for an EOI form.
SHQ offers training courses, consultancy and support for people working with young people in diverse settings to develop their skills to inform, educate and support young people around sexual health issues. This support can include some direct delivery of sexual health education programs.
Check out our new Nuts and Bolts video!
Nuts and Bolts develops the core knowledge, attitudes and skills required to provide information and support for young people around respectful relationships and sexual health issues.
Expressions of interest wanted – bringing Nuts and Bolts of Sexual Health training to your community
Download the expression of interest form for more information and to apply.
RELATE is an innovative and dynamic Respectful Relationships Education program that aims to provide teachers and students from years 7 to 10 with a comprehensive, evidence-based, good practice curriculum that promotes respectful relationships and sexual health using a whole school approach.
- linked to the WA Health Curriculum 2016
- linked to AITSL Standards
- based on the latest respectful relationships research
- based on the Relationships and Sexual Health Education (RSE): 12 Principles of Best Practice
- based on the Health Promoting Schools Framework
SHQ works in partnership with Aboriginal people and organisations to promote sexual and reproductive health for Aboriginal people and communities. We deliver a range of training courses and programs for Aboriginal professionals and community members and other professionals working with Aboriginal people. SHQ Educators, including Aboriginal Educators, are also available for delivery of sexual health education programs for Aboriginal young people and community groups.
SHQ courses are part-funded by the WA and Australian Government Departments of Health and partly through course fees. There may be discounts and scholarships available for some courses to assist you to access training.
Course subsidies are not currently available. Discounts may be available for specific courses, please read the registration forms carefully.
SHQ Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Medical Education Scholarship 2019
WA Cervical Screening Provider Scholarship
WA Department of Health Bursaries and Scholarships
For more information please contact Katrina via email or call 08 9227 6177.