Do you want to improve the quality of your service? Perhaps you are looking to expand your service provision to include marginalised groups? Or maybe your workplace has identified the importance of diversity and inclusion?
At SHQ we’re pleased to offer training to workplaces and teams wanting to ensure an inclusive workplace.
Our interactive training aims to increase people’s knowledge of LGBTI+ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex or otherwise diverse in sex, sexual orientation, or gender) diversity, and increase their confidence to work inclusively with LGBTI+ clients and colleagues.
The training can be tailored to your organisation and to the needs of your staff and clients, including options for online delivery.
What does the training cover?
- What does LGBTI+ mean?
- Diversity and differences in sex, gender and sexual orientation
- Experiences of LGBTI+ people in Australia today
- Strategies to address discrimination
- What you can do in your workplace to be more inclusive
- Useful referral sources
Who will benefit?
- A wide variety of workplaces, from corporations to government and non-government bodies, teaching institutions to health industry organisations, can benefit from this training.
- Our training is appropriate for a range of different workers, from client-facing staff, to managers, governing bodies and boards.
- Put simply, everyone can benefit.
- We can come to your workplace at a time that suits you.
Are you a school looking at training for staff around LGBTI+ Diversity?
We know support for schools and school staff can be limited on this important topic.
Therefore, we offer a specialised and interactive training designed for school staff to ensure they understand LGBTI+ diversity, the experiences of LGBTI+ students and practical tips on how schools can work inclusively with LGBTI+ students and staff.
We are happy to tailor this training to the needs and context of your school staff and students.