National Condom Day! Every year we coordinate National Condom Day as an annual state-wide campaign, with the purpose of promoting condom use and educating people about the need to practise safe sex. Conveniently it falls on Valentine’s Day, so what better time to promote healthy relationships and remind people about the risks of sexually transmissible infections (STIs) and unplanned pregnancies.
The aim of the 2016 campaign is to get people more comfortable with buying, carrying, talking about and hopefully using condoms during sexual activity. We hope this year’s circus theme will act as a light-hearted and fun talking point for people to raise the topic of condoms.
So this is where we need you, our colleagues and friends from across Western Australia. We can’t possibly spread the safe sex message across the whole state without your help and involvement! Here’s how you can be a part of National Condom Day:
- Run your own National Condom Day event or activity. Check out our event inspiration page for ideas (includes small, low/no budget ideas).
- Order free resources from us, including condom packs, banner pens, posters and balloons.
- Enter our #ncd2016 competition by uploading a photo of your National Condom Day preparations or celebrations ($200 JB Hi-Fi voucher up for grabs). Encourage others to enter as well!
- Make use of our downloadable sexual health information on our website.
- Promote! Promote! Promote! Share the 2016 National Condom Day webpage through your networks and make use of our social media banners.
If this is something you would like to be involved in, please visit shq.org.au/nationalcondomday for all the resources and materials you will need to make your National Condom Day a success.