Please join us from December 6-9 for the next Mooditj Leader Training in Perth. This is a 4 day hands on course that builds your knowledge, skills and confidence to run Mooditj groups for young people.
What is Mooditj?
Mooditj is a fun, interactive education program for Aboriginal young people aged 10-14 years. It helps build strong young Aboriginal people who can make positive and informed choices about their relationships and sexual health.
Young people learn about:
- Identity – growing a strong sense of themselves
- Respectful relationships
- Understanding feelings
- Speaking up
- Goals and staying on track
- What becoming a parent might mean
- Making decisions about sex, consent and their rights
- Contraception and STI prevention
- Bringing it all together
Mooditj was developed in consultation with Aboriginal people from across WA over 10 years ago. Recently the program has been totally reviewed and modified in response to community feedback.
The new program is still 10 sessions. Each session is 1 hour, and can be adapted to suit different groups of young people. The program can be run in many ways – 1 or 2 blocks of 5 sessions, 1 or 2 sessions a week, or over a few days in a holiday program or camp. The first 5 sessions can also be run as a short program.
If you and your organisation are keen to support or run a Mooditj group, SHQ would love to help!
- Support from your organisation to run a Mooditj program – at least 5 sessions
- At least one other trained Mooditj leader. One leader needs to be Aboriginal.
Apply now for:
- Reduced fee of $100 to attend the 4 day Mooditj Leader Training
- Possible subsidies for travel and accommodation
- Mooditj teaching resources
- Other resources or small funding grants to help get your group running
- Support from SHQ educators
Previously trained Mooditj Leaders are welcome to apply.
Please visit the Education page for registration and subsidy forms.
Contact Katrina Duncan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 9227 6177 for more information.