Western Australia’s National Condom Day campaign is coordinated by SHQ (Sexual Health Quarters) and takes place every year on Feb 14th. A state-wide celebration of sexual health and wellness, National Condom Day is the perfect chance to raise awareness of healthy relationships, and safe, consensual sex.
This social media toolkit is designed to help you participate in the campaign and promote its messages within your community.
National Condom Day 2021 hashtag
The hashtag is #CondomDay2021
National Condom Day 2021 themes and key messages
There are four themes for National Condom Day this year, each one being an important element for creating positive, safe, and delicious sexual experiences. National Condom Day aims to raise awareness of the following key messages around these themes:
- Condom use – Make sure you’re always sweet for condoms and dental dams. They’re the most effective way of helping prevent Sexually Transmissible Infections (STIs). Condoms can also help prevent pregnancy.
- Consent – Consent comes first – even when you’re on a roll. Communicate with your partner/s and check in regularly.
- Pleasure – Everyone deserves that fuzzy feeling. Make pleasure a priority for you and your partner/s.
- STI testing – Regular STI testing goes hand in hand with being sexually active. Speak to your GP or sexual health clinic for a simple health check.
- National Condom Day: 14th February 2021
- WA Sexual Health Week: 13th – 20th February 2021
National Condom Day 2021 Campaign webpage – Get involved in the 2021 campaign. The webpage includes an online resource order form, event and activity ideas, plus downloadable images, banners, bunting and posters.
SHQ Facebook page – Keep an eye out for National Condom Day updates. If you/your organisation has a Facebook account, use the hashtag #CondomDay2021 and tag @familyplanningwa.
SHQ Instagram account – Keep an eye out for National Condom Day updates. If you/your organisation has an Instagram account, use the hashtag #CondomDay2021 and tag @sexualhealthquarters.
SHQ Twitter account (@SHealthQuarters) – Keep an eye out for National Condom Day updates. If you/your organisation has a Twitter account, use the hashtag #CondomDay2021 and tag @SHealthQuarters
WA Sexual Health Week – Get involved in the 2021 campaign with a focus on safety, pleasure, and respect.
Sample social media posts
- Happy #CondomDay2021! Remember, everyone has the right to sexual pleasure and that fuzzy feeling.
- All sweet for condoms and dams? It’s always good to be prepared – even when you aren’t planning sex #CondomDay2021.
- Fun fact: condoms are the only contraceptive that also helps prevent STIs #CondomDay2021
- Carrying condoms and dams shows you’re taking responsibility for your own sexual health, as well as your partner/s #CondomDay2021
- Hot tip: a drop of lube to the inside of your condom can increase pleasure and help prevent any breakage #CondomDay2021
- Want to avo cuddle? Check in with your partner/s and make sure you’re down for the same things first #CondomDay2021
- The secret to becoming a better lover? Communicate with your partner/s #CondomDay2021
- Did you know? Most people with an STI show no symptoms: the only way to know for sure is by getting tested #CondomDay2021
- Bean tested? An STI check is recommended every 6 months or after each new sexual partner, not just when you have symptoms #CondomDay2021
Sample images (right click to save images)
|Sample caption||Sample image (right click to save images)|
|Happy #CondomDay2021! A chance to celebrate all the things that make for healthy relationships and positive, pleasurable and safe sexual experiences!|
|All sweet for condoms and dams? It’s always good to be prepared – even when you aren’t planning sex #CondomDay2021.||
|Want to avo cuddle? Check in with your partner/s and make sure you’re down for the same things first #CondomDay2021||
|The secret to becoming a better lover? Communicate with your partner/s #CondomDay2021||
|Bean tested? An STI check is recommended every 6 months or after each new sexual partner, not just when you have symptoms #CondomDay2021|
Sample email signature:
When sharing SHQ’s National Condom Day 2021 content on social media, please credit us by tagging us in your posts as @familyplanningwa on Facebook, @sexualhealthquarters on Instagram, and @SHealthQuarters on Twitter.
Interested in using/adapting our National Condom Day resources for your own organisation? Please contact us to discuss.