This month marks our one-year anniversary as SHQ (Sexual Health Quarters). So what better time to reflect on how far we’ve come over the last 12 months!
Two years ago we commissioned a state-wide market research study to better understand the community’s sexual and reproductive health needs, especially people aged 15-30. The research explored people’s knowledge and awareness of sexual health, their attitudes and behaviour relating to sexual health, and how they prefer to access sexual health information and services.
The community spoke, and we have listened!
Our research findings have informed a number of exciting developments. Since the study was completed, we have:
- Rebranded in May 2016 as SHQ, with a fresh new look and feel to our logo.
- Updated our website, creating a more user-friendly and visually appealing online space that is fully mobile responsive.
- Integrated services for young people previously offered from Quarry Health Centre into our main Northbridge office – SHQ as a whole now has more of a focus on people under 30 for clinic and counselling services.
- Increased our drop-in services to make it easier for more people to access our clinic.
- Redesigned our clinic waiting area, creating a more welcoming and comfortable space. The clinic now includes two waiting areas for additional privacy, mobile charging stations, free wi-fi, and discreetly placed leaflets on sexual health. Colourful artwork from a local artist has also been added, as well as way-finding signage, to ensure clients can move smoothly through the clinic.
The clinic redesign was informed by further research with young people, to make the space as youth-friendly as possible. If you haven’t been along to check it out, what are you waiting for?
At SHQ we continue to retain a strong focus on providing a high quality service, with client feedback surveys completed every week. If you have any feedback or suggestions about our service, then we would love to hear from you! Please email email@example.com