Please contact us to discuss your requirements
Presented by SHQ Counselling (Sexual Health Quarters)
Supported by the Women and Newborn Health Service
This introduction to Unintended (UIP) Counselling is designed for clinicians, teachers, counsellors and others who may be the first point of contact for someone with an unintended pregnancy. This training is also suitable for people who are considering offering non-directive counselling for unintended pregnancy or who want an introduction to the two-day UIP training we offer.
The training course presents an overview of the basics around pregnancy choices and ethical practice around non-directive counselling. It also provides a summary of the material and skills covered in the two-day course and an overview of the various options available for individuals who are having to make a decision around an unintended pregnancy.
The training is a half-day workshop and is run throughout the year. The presenters are psychologists, counsellors and medical practitioners with extensive experience in reproductive health.
SHQ can also offer training that is tailored to your own specific service requirements. This might include working with a specific population e.g. Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, under 18-year-olds, or with a particular aspect of unintended pregnancy e.g. late term pregnancy to clinic. This short course can be carried out at our premises in Northbridge or we can come to you.
What past participants have said about our Unintended Pregnancy Counselling training…
- I feel confident now to help women make informed decisions. I feel that I have all the right facts now and I have been able to practice the required skills.
- Speakers – very informative; Venue – nice, easy to get to on public transport; Facilitators – warm and engaging.
- Excellent quality resources and content. Good array and spectrum of information and topics.
- Really interesting to hear so many diverse healthcare workers’ perspectives.
- I now have a framework/template and feel more confident in providing unintended pregnancy counselling.
SHQ Counselling (Sexual Health Quarters)
- 9228 3693
- [email protected]
How to Register
Please contact us to discuss your requirements (details above). This training is supported by the Women and Newborn Health Service.