26th - 27th Mar 2024
Introducing our new 2-day training, Sexuality and Disability: What You Need to Know!
We have given our training, previously named Creative Approaches, a facelift with new content to provide more inclusive sexuality and wellbeing support to people with intellectual and/or neurological disability.
What you can expect from the new training:
- Supporting sexuality with a sex positive approach
- Self-reflection, societal attitudes and values
- Protecting and promoting human rights of people with disability
- What is supported decision making and how to advocate for people with disability to make their own decisions
- Supporting the diversity in gender, bodies, and sexuality
- Consent education and special considerations for people with intellectual disabilities
- Exploring sexual behaviour/expression; responding and supporting
- Implementing protective education, including public and private concepts
- Talking confidently to people with disability about relationships and sexuality topics
- Responding to disclosures or possible indicators of abuse
Please contact us if you would like more information.