This information is designed to be used in consultation with your health professional. Read our Legal Disclaimer here.
SHQ offers conﬁdential and affordable sexual health services.
When accessing our services, Medicare card holders will have minimal out of pocket expense.
People aged under 25 and anyone with a Government concession or health care card, will have no out of pocket expense.
For more information about our clinic pricing.
For more information about our counselling pricing.
Our experienced counsellors can talk through the following issues in a safe and non-judgemental way:
- Unintended pregnancy options
- Safer sex, STIs and BBVs
- Past sexual assault / abuse
- Sexual difﬁculties and concerns
- Diverse sexuality and gender
- Sex and respectful relationships
A booking is required to see a counsellor. Phone counselling is also available by appointment.
Our friendly team of doctors and nurses have a high level of training in the area of sexual health.
Come and see us about:
- Unintended pregnancy information and referral
- Contraception, including implants and intrauterine devices
- Sexually transmissible infections (STIs)
- Cervical screening
- Emergency contraception
Most appointments need a booking, but we also offer some drop-in and same day services.
Please let our staff know ahead of time if you need an interpreter.
Our nurses are available to conﬁdentially answer your questions about:
- Unintended pregnancy
- Cervical screening
SHQ supports professionals to develop their knowledge and skills around sexual and reproductive health issues.
Education and training
- Accredited certiﬁcate courses for doctors and nurses
- Specialised courses for other professionals and community organisations, e.g. those working with young people or Aboriginal people, or in education or counselling
Community education and support
- Interactive education sessions or programs tailored to meet the needs of your group. Topics include consent, respectful relationships, contraception, STIs and other contemporary issues affecting young people
- Group visits to SHQ
- Information sheets and brochures are available in hard copy or online
- Contraceptive kits, reproductive boards, contraceptive ﬂipcharts and more, are available for hire or purchase
Information last updated August 2019
To purchase print copies of this information sheet, please visit our Shop or Ordering Resources pages.