SHQ offers confidential and affordable sexual health services
If you have a Medicare card, you will have minimal out of pocket costs. People 18 and under and anyone with a Government concession/healthcare card and a valid Medicare card will have no out of pocket expense for a consultation appointment.
Our experienced counsellors can talk through the following issues in a safe and non-judgemental way:
- Unintended pregnancy options
- Safer sex, STIs and BBVs
- Past sexual assault / abuse
- Sexual difficulties and concerns
- Sexuality and gender
- Sex and respectful relationships
A booking is required to see a counsellor. Phone counselling is available by appointment. We accept mental health care plans.
Our friendly team of doctors and nurses have a high level of training in the area of sexual health.
Come and see us about:
- Contraception, including implants, intrauterine devices and more
- Sexually transmissible infections (STIs)
- Cervical screening
- Unintended pregnancy options, including information or referral
- PrEP for HIV prevention
Please let our staff know ahead of time if you need an interpreter.
Youth Clinic: Every Thursday night from 5:30pm to 8pm we have a youth clinic! During this time, the clinic is open for young people aged 14 to 19.
All appointments will need a booking, some appointments can be booked online. Same day appointments may be available.
Magenta offers outreach and in-house support, health services, education and information to workers in the sex industry.
SHQ supports professionals to develop their knowledge and skills around sexual and reproductive health.
- Working with young people
- Working with Aboriginal young people
- LGBTIQA+ diversity
- Working with people with disability
- Tailored training for your team
Face-to-face and online delivery options may be available.
Looking for more information?
Information last updated July 2023
To order print copies of this brochure, please complete the online request form.