Advocacy at SHQ
SHQ has a long history of advocating for policies, practices and services that improve the sexual health and well-being of people in WA.
As a leading provider of sexual health services in the State, we are recognised as expert commentators and opinion leaders in the area, and frequently use our influence to champion improved access for individuals to:
- Affordable and safe contraception and termination services
- Comprehensive evidence-based respectful relationships and sexuality education
- Health services that support marginalised and diverse groups
We also focus on advocacy around:
- Decriminalisation of sex work and the removal of barriers that hinder access to health services
- People with a disability having access to resources and information to make informed decisions about their sexual health
- Removal of barriers that stigmatise sexual health and well-being
If you are interested in learning more about our advocacy work, or partnering with us to advance the sexual health of West Australians, please contact CEO Debra Barnes.